Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment.
In addition, they improve your browsing process, since they allow the website to offer the user information that may be of interest to them depending on the use they make, the content of it.
If you do not want to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to delete them from your computer’s hard drive, block them or notify you in case of installation of them. To continue without changes to your cookie settings, simply continue on the website.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data, nor any type of information that can identify you, unless you want to register, voluntarily in order to use the services we make available to you or to receive information about promotions and content of interest to you.
3. Types and purpose of cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be classified into:
- Session cookies: expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: they expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified on the website and its services or when they are manually deleted).
Cookies depending on their purpose can be classified as follows:
- Performance cookies (technical and personalization): This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes: volume settings of video or sound players and the video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-location cookies: These Cookies are used to find out which country you are in when requesting a service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help target content to your location.
- Registration cookies (technical and personalization): Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened his session, and are used to identify him in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the User identified so that, if he closes a service, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day he re-enters said service, he will continue to be identified, thus facilitating his navigation without having to identify himself again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the “log out” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time he enters the service the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
4. How to block or delete installed cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options. You can find information on how to do this, in relation to the most common browsers, in the links below:
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of a cookie prevents or hinders navigation or the provision of the services offered on the website.