In an increasingly competitive world, it is crucial that companies have the right talent to develop and execute successful business strategies. One of the most effective ways to find and attract the best candidates is through mixed recruitment, a strategy that combines traditional and modern methods to reach a wider and more diverse audience.
Do you want to attract and retain the best talent for your company? Mixed recruitment is an excellent way to capture the interest of quality employees for your business.
What is mixed recruitment?
Mixed recruitment is a recruitment strategy that combines traditional and modern methods to find and attract the best candidates for a company. Unlike traditional recruitment, which focuses mainly on word of mouth and print ads, mixed recruitment uses a wide variety of tools and techniques adapted to the tools offered by the digital world to capture that talent that we would not find by traditional methods.
Among the different types of recruitment that exist, the mixed system offers the best of both traditional and digital media, the most frequent being the following:
- Printed ads: printed ads in specialized newspapers and magazines in the sector continue to be an effective way to reach a wide and specific audience.
- Word of mouth: this means continues to be an effective way to find candidates, especially in small businesses or specific industries.
- Social networks: both in its app version and through the website, social networks, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Tiktok or Facebook, are a way to find young or middle-aged talent, much more in contact with these environments as the preferred means of communication.
- Online employment platforms: platforms such as Indeed, Infojobs or Infoempleo, are an increasingly popular way to find candidates and publish job ads.
- Hiring events: conferences and events related to the company sector, such as job fairs, are a great tool both to meet new candidates for the company and to get a first impression of them.
In reality, large companies very often resort to this type of technique because of the advantage of choice and ability to reach more candidates without needing large investments. And little by little, SMEs are also using this type of strategy to attract promising employees.
Advantages of mixed recruitment
Although some have already been seen in the previous point, there are a considerable number of benefits of using mixed recruitment. Mainly, the advantages of these strategies are:
- They offer greater reach: by using a wide variety of recruitment methods, a company is more likely to reach a wider and more diverse audience. This can be especially useful to find candidates in different geographical locations.
- They allow greater flexibility: mixed recruitment allows companies to adapt to the changing needs of the market and the preferences of candidates. For example, an expert in computer security will be easier to find through social networks or online employment platforms than by using ads in physical magazines.
- Improves cost efficiency: if the company has an online presence, many of these means can be used without investment. And thus be able to allocate more resources to invest in online ads or strengthen the human resources department.
- It gives a greater diversity of profiles: by using both traditional and modern media, a company is more likely to hire a diverse and balanced workforce, which allows the company to have creative and conservative personalities in different areas of work.
How can mixed recruitment be used?
Of all the possible types of recruitment, the mixed allows to maximize the chances of finding the best employees and has proven to be an effective way to reach quality candidates and at the same time improve the efficiency of the entire recruitment process.
To use it effectively and get the most out of it, the following key points must be taken into account:
- Identify the needs of the company: it is important to be clear about what type of candidate you are looking for in order to use the most appropriate recruitment method. For example, if a company is looking for a candidate with experience in a specific area, it can use online employment platforms and specialized social networks to reach this audience.
- Use a wide variety of methods: it is important to use a combination of recruitment methods, such as social networks, online employment platforms and recruitment events, to reach a wider and more diverse audience.
- Evaluate the performance of each method: it is important to measure and evaluate the performance of each recruitment method to determine which ones are most effective and adapt them accordingly.
Some metrics that can be used to evaluate the performance of mixed recruitment include the cost per hiring, the employee retention rate and the employee satisfaction rate.
- Adapt to market changes: it is important to be attentive to market changes and adapt the mixed recruitment strategy accordingly. For example, if for a job it has been detected that candidates are more interested in working remotely, increasing the use of online employment platforms and video conferencing for recruitment is a good strategy.
- Use mixed recruitment throughout the employee’s life cycle: mixed recruitment is not only useful for finding candidates for vacant positions, but can also be used to promote professional development opportunities with tailor-made training to retain current employees.
As you can see, mixed recruitment is a very effective recruitment strategy that combines traditional and modern methods to strengthen the company’s workforce with the best possible candidates using all the means within the scope of the company.
In addition, all the tasks that are carried out within the company to retain talent also serve as a showcase on social networks and other online media to stand out from other companies.
If you have any questions about how to strengthen your business, contact us and we will help you use these strategies within your company.